LABORERS POLITICAL LEAGUE OF DELAWARE
LIUNA’S Legislative and Political Department gives members a voice in the national, state and local policy decisions that affect their lives. Whether it is jobs, prevailing wages, health and safety, retirement or other issues affecting our members, the staff of our department promotes the interests of working families in Legislative Hall, at Woodburn, in the Delaware General Assembly and in Sussex, Kent and New Castle County and Wilmington’s City Hall.
The Department is working for LIUNA Local 199 members by:
- Having a full-time lobbyist and consultants who work daily to promote our interests with key members of Congress, the State Legislature, top cabinet officials and the Governor of the State of Delaware.
- Testifying before the General Assembly on, and mobilizing members around, issues of importance to LIUNA Local 199 members and their families.
- Supporting the political campaigns of legislators whose goals are consistent with those of our members and working families in Delaware.
- Conducting voter registration, political education, and election turn-out programs.
- Educating LIUNA members about issues and policies that impact our Members and families.
- Engage members in the political process through educational sessions and seminars.
LABORERS POLITICAL LEAGUE OF DELAWARE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Raymond M. Pocino, Chairman
John Duthie, Administrator/Treasurer