THE LABORERS-EMPLOYERS COOPERATION AND EDUCATION TRUST OF DELAWARE is joint labor-management fund dedicated to economic development and job creation for our members. LECET helps local unions expand their market share ensuring a strong future for both laborers and contractors.
LECET provides a wide range of services to Laborers and their contractors.
- Market Share Initiatives.
- Market Research and Project Tracking.
- Legislative and Government Affairs.
- Corporate and Community Relations.
The fund is chaired by Raymond M. Pocino, International Vice-President and Eastern Regional Manager, and John J. McMahon, Executive Director, Delaware Contractors Association with representatives from the local union and the contracting community.
Professional staff consists of a director and consultants who help secure work for our members through regulatory assistance, lobbying and economic development financing through union programs.
LECET has been responsible for:
- Forging a partnership with the State Chamber of Commerce to support jobs and growth named “Delawareans for Economic and Environmental Development.”
- Assisting in the promotion and revitilization of Wilmington’s Riverfront which led to brownfield redevelopment, large scale construction work and hundreds of jobs for our members.
- Passage of the New Castle County Prevailing Wage law, the first of it’s kind in the nation since 1979 – and – enacting a Responsible Contracting Ordinance in the largest county in Delaware.
- Fighting for labor agreements with prominent developers and ensuring community participation of our local’s skilled tradesmen in major projects.
- Creating a state and county tax increment financing law that provides developers get projects done with our members.